It’s a given that companies need a motivated sales team that’s capable of consistently hitting their revenue targets. Often, and without being aware of it, incentive adjustments, sales managers, order fulfillment departments, operations, account management organizations, and customer services departments can be huge demotivators for sales teams.
Try these if you want to demotivate your sales team:
- Require so much travel in their assigned territory that the salesperson lives in airports and cars – 80-100% travel should just about do it.
- Place a new salesperson in the field before they are trained and ready to close business.
- Cut your marketing budget because your salespeople can educate prospects – no need for professionally produced marketing collateral materials.
- Mishandle implementations time and time again.
- Mishandle client services time and time again.
- Cut commissions when a sales person is doing well, or divide their territory and give it to other salespeople so…
View original post 283 more words